In this article, we will examine the pros and cons of tile roofing so that you can make an informed decision when it comes to choosing a new roof for your home.
- Tile roofing lasts for a long time. Many tile roofs can last for 100 years. It is pretty impressive to know your tile roof has what it takes to celebrate a centennial! A tile roof will probably outlive the structure that it supports! When you decide to purchase a tile roof, you are making an investment that will last.
- Any roofing professional will tell you that a tile roof is one of the most durable and sturdy roofing systems you can choose. These roofs can sustain heavy winds, harsh storms, and they are even fireproof!
- While we are the topic of mother nature, let us discuss the energy efficiency of a tile roofing system. Having one of these roofs over your head will reduce your carbon footprint and save you money by lowering your energy bill.
- If you have ever seen a tile roof, you know that they are works of art. The color and pattern options are endless. They can add tremendous curb appeal to your home and make it stand out from the rest.
- Tile roofing is more expensive than asphalt roofing. They are costly to manufacture and transport. They can be challenging to install and should only be installed by an experienced contractor.
- Tile roofing must be installed by highly-skilled specialty roofers. Tile is heavy and should only be handled by a professional tile roofing contractor.
- Depending on the size of the home and the roof, sometimes, a tile roof will require additional structural support to support the added weight.
- Even though tile roofing can withstand harsh weather conditions, tile roofs are pretty sensitive to foot traffic and falling debris. Tiles can crack if they get stepped on or from being hit by tree limbs. This damage will require tile roof repair.
If you need a tile roof repair contractor or if you would like to learn more about the available tile roofing options, call Van De Hey Refined Roofing, LLC (VR Roofing) for all of your tile roof installation and tile roof repair needs. We serve the Appleton, Little Chute, and the Fox Valley area, Sheboygan, Oshkosh, Madison, Milwaukee, Shorewood, Sheboygan, Oconomowoc, Verona, Waukesha and Green Bay and De Pere areas in Wisconsin.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.